A battle scene during the Great Northern War 1700 - 1721

A battle scene during the Great Northern War 1700 - 1721

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Russian Cavalry at Narva 1700

One last post before my vacation! Some figures I painted some time ago. They are Zvezda Russian Noble Cavalry, with some conversion on the right fig. I've painted them for use as Russian Cavalry during the beginning of the Great Northern War, for example during the battle of Narva 1700. I got inspired from a picture of a Russian cavalry officer at Narva I saw somewhere on the internet, but don't remember where.. Maybe I'll get back to that.
I think I need to work on the highlighting on some areas before I'm satisfied. The flash has helped me a bit here... Was fun trying to make the cuirass on the right fig!

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! And a nice blog, too...I love your dioram with the russian grenadiers! I'll follow your blog, hope you will continue like that!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete